Pasta Per Anna
150g Kale, finely chopped (or Greens)
150g Cavolo Nero, finely chopped (if cavolo nero is not available in the shop you can use Spinach)
1 garlic clove, halved ( take the core out to prevent indigestion)
Handful of fresh flat leaf parsley (or Rocket)
Handful of fresh basil
Handful of nuts (pine nuts are traditionally used in Pesto but any type of nuts will be just fine)
4 to 6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( a good quality)
250g Pasta (Short type like Penne, Fusilli…)
- Have a hand blender ready. Add to the blender the spinach, basil, parsley, garlic, nuts, olive oil (4 tbs to start with, you can add some more if the paste is too thick), salt and a sprinkle of parmesan. Wiz everything up until the ingredients are all evenly mixed.
- Drain half of the cavolo nero and kale, add it into the blender and mix into the paste.
- Keep the rest of the cavolo nero and kale still in the water and add the pasta in. The pasta will cook nicely in the same water absorbing the properties of the vegetables.
- Cook your pasta following the time given on the packet but don’t over cook ( we like our pasta to be Al Dente)
- Drain the pasta together with the cavolo nero and the kale, place it on a large serving dish, add the green paste and mix.
1.Bring 1 to 1.5 lt of water to a boil in a large sauce pan.
Add a tablespoon of course salt into the water as it’s starting to boil, pour the kale and the cavolo nero in and cook for 5 minutes.
If you are using spinach, don’t add it into the water as we’ll eat it raw.
Sprinkle some parmesan and enjoy…. BUON APPETITO 🙂