Insalata Tonno e Cannellini
Summer we missed you so much! To celebrate the beautiful sunshine I would like to share a very simple and versatile salad dish that you can have as a starter, a main or a side dish. I learned that freshness and simplicity are always the key to a successful meal….most of all if you are feeding some hungry teenagers 🙂
I made this salad for a few events that I held in our local community, the exciting thing thing for children is to prepare all the ingredients and to assemble together but the best thing is that children (and grownups) LOVE this dish as it’s full of flavour, freshness and colours.
If you are a vegetarian and you don’t eat fish, you can leave the tuna out and add a handful of cherry tomatoes 🙂
Nonna has always taught us to keep our dishes simple and fresh, this recipe is just perfect for everyone to be eaten in a hot day like today.
- one red onion, chopped
- 400g Cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 red or yellow pepper, diced
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 3tbs olive oil
- 2tbs balsamic vinegar
- 160g Tuna chunks in spring water
- handful of olives ( I used Nocellara olives but any good quality olives will be fine)
- In a serving dish mix together the cannellini beans, the diced pepper, the diced onion, the tuna, the olives, the basil, the salt, the olive olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
- Ready !!! 🙂
- Enjoy on its own or with meat or fish